Image Map

Tuesday 1 October 2013

A Day at the Fair: Mattara Festival

A new craze has hit the little monster of late.

Before going away, I innocently bought Leo a Batman wallet. Leo had heard of Batman but there was no real love there... yet. I simply chose it because the only other one was Ben10 and that show confuses me. I liked Batman as a kid so I thought what the heck... Little did I know what I had started!

Yesterday, We went to an indoor play centre for the morning and then to the shops for some retail therapy. At the play centre there was a face painting pirate. Which meant by the time we got to the shops our boy was no longer a little boy. Now he was...


Na na na na na na BATMAN!

So the obsession list now is: Cars, Toy Story, Peter Pan, Dinosaurs, Crocodiles, Pirates, Trains AND Batman. Sigh.

Today we went to the Kids Carnival Day at the Mattara Festival, A Spring festival that's been held at Nobbys Beach every year since 1961.


Leo fed the Clowns...


Rode some teacups...


Was unimpressed by the little Merry-go-round...


Had his first taste of Fairy Floss (He didn't like it!)...


Got a Batman (Sigh) Tattoo...


And slid down the giant slide!


Zoe hung out in her pram, no doubt dreaming of the day she too can run amok at a fair with her big brother.


Today is our last full day of our trip. This time tomorrow we will be home in Sydney. I am going to miss Newcastle. I love it here so. It's the people, The lifestyle, The beaches... and Big Dog on TV saying good night at 7pm.

Thanks for the adventures Newie! We will be back!

 photo tiniest-sig_zpsb3cf0281.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment