Image Map

Friday 6 September 2013

The Liebster Award

The darling Zoe of Maddie Bug and I has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Its a really sweet way to get to know your fellow bloggers and it gave me lots of feel goods that someone out there was reading my blog. I knew I had to participate.. Plus its always fun answering questions.


The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The rules of this award are:

1. Link back to those who nominate you
2. Answer the 10 questions the nominator has for you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees
5. Be sure to notify your nominees

So to answer Zoe's questions..

1. What is the sole purpose of your blog?
I guess the main reason I started this blog was to stay motivated achieving my goals. I'm really enjoying sharing my life and thoughts and communicating with like-minded people around the world.

2.Which social network is your favorite?
I'm a total social network nerd! It all started with Livejournal when I was 17. That was... 12 YEARS AGO! eek! My favourite these days is either Pinterest or Instagram (I'm Luxvalentine on both)

3.Favorite TV show?
This is such a hard question. I think my favourite is Firefly, Which unfortunately was cancelled in its first season. I adore anything Joss Whedon does.

4.What is something unique about you that a lot of people may not know?
I am allergic to Kiwi fruit!

5. What is your occupation?
I am a barwench! I work in an RSL as a bar and gaming attendant. (An RSL, for those internationals, is a Retired Serviceman Leagues Club) I'm about to start a diploma in Tourism and hope to get into travel.

6. What is your favorite makeup product?
I'm loving Maybelline’s Colossal cats eyes waterproof mascara. I have blonde eyelashes and it gives me the vintage look I adore.

7. What is in your purse right now?
Rabbitohs Mints (my football team), Leopard print purse, a Rolling Stones pencil case, 4 types of lip gloss, 3 happy meal toys, Keys with more key rings then keys, my medication and a notebook.

8.What is your favorite quote or motto?
I have two. Tattooed on my arm I have "This too shall pass" so I'll always rememeber when times are tough. I also love "I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar" from the movie Serenity.

9. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I adore Modcloth. I'd love to shop there more often but the shipping to Australia is an absolute killer!

10. What is your favorite post on your blog that you have done?
Probably my first one. It has a photo of my little family taken on the day we brought our Zoe Mouse home and I just adore it. It was the first time Leo Monster held his sister and you can just see those two boys of mine are smitten.


MY NOMINEES:
Rorschach, Coffee and 1963
Poppy Fox
Mezz Makes Stuff
Lazy Daisy Jones
You'll Move Mountains
Miss Kitty and the Bears

THE QUESTIONS:
01. What is your guilty pleasure?
02. If your house was on fire what three things would you save?
03. Growing up, Who was your celebrity crush?
04. What is your favourite item of clothing you own?
05. If you could change your name, What would you change it to?
06. What is your "signature" dish?
07. What has surprised you the most about keeping a blog?
08. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how?
09. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
10. If you could have a magical power, what would it be?

I cant wait to see the answers!
Thanks again Zoe for nominating me. That was a lot of fun!

 photo tiniest-sig_zpsb3cf0281.jpg

9 comments:

  1. Laura, thanks for nominating me! I will answer the questions and create a post around this and tag some of my favorite small bloggers. I'm flattered you chose me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your answers! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me! I'll get on to answering the questions soon, love your answers. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya laura, thanks for the nomination! I was chuffed. I enjoyed answering your questions, and reading your post too.. I shall be popping by again you lovely person, you! mezz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your blog!! I can't wait to read your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for nominating me! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A blogger from one of my favourite cities! It was a no brainer! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could of kept writing questions... Thank you for filling it out! I'm listening to your album at the moment. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the nomination...loving your blog too....bestest to you today
    daisy j x

    ReplyDelete